Monday, November 12, 2007

StumbleUpon Enhancements

I've been using StumbleUpon for quite a while now and I must say that I'm in love. For all of you that don't know what Stumble is, you need to get rid of your life and join something called the internet. Stumble is your personal channel-surfer for the newest coolest stuff on the web. It's one of the best toolbars you can ever install. Once you setup an account, you choose from a huge list things you are in to and click Stumble on the toolbar to start seeing sites of those kinds. Any time you come across a site in Google for example, you can click "I like it!" to add it to StumbleUpon's directory, tag it and so forth.

StumbleUpon has been bringing me consistent content ever since i've installed it. But still, there are a few features I would really love to see:
  1. The Ability to Stumble my own 'Liked' pages. When I do a username search for my username, why does it tell me i've already seen everything? I want to see it again damn it!
  2. Bookmarks. I don't like having to use Stumble AND then del.icio.us to keep track of a site I liked. There's an "I like it!" button and I want it to work damn it!
  3. Squirrels. There's definitely not enough squirrels... or tacos.
  4. Integration with Digg. Sure someone likes it, but how many?
I'm done. I cant think of anything else right now, i'll go back in and fix it later.

Some of my favorite tags on Stumble include PHP, Graphic Design, and lolcats.

No comments: