Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Winamp 5.5 w/Mentos

So I have been using Winamp 5.5 and it's new Bento skin for a couple weeks now and I must say I've fallen in love with Winamp all over again. Ever since Frankel left the team, I thought that Winamp was lost to the darkness of AOL. Remember, AOL wasn't doing so hot not too long ago... anyways, the point is, they are trying to redeem themselves. High-five!

Bento Skin
Man this skin is cool! Have I mentioned it's coolness?? It keeps the window-shade mode that I love and still manages to keep me happy all over. The media library un-shades from mini-mode and even stays in-tact when docked to the top. Too bad crashes leave the un-shaded window to shrink the desktop real-estate. Makes programs really short. lol

Winamp Remote
This is a cool feature even tho it's been around for a while. It allows you to stream your music to wherever you are and it can even be accessed via an XBOX 360 or cell phones and pda's.

Multi-Content View
This view is a life saver. It allows you to view one of the 5 settings, file info, eq, stored playlists, etc. The file info pane is great and allows for easy voting.

Song Change Notification
This handy dandy notebook pops-up in the corner to inform you of the song change. If it only had stars on it to vote...

Well, I must say that instead of talking about it, you should just download and install it over the old one you do have installed... right?

Download Winamp 5.5 at: http://www.winamp.com/

No comments: